Wednesday 22 October 2008

Half a lamb


On Friday my little boy and I picked up our ‘half a lamb’ from our local farm, ‘Cold Harbour Farm’ We feasted on the liver for Saturday lunch, and had curry on Sunday. The rest has gone in the freezer. If you have an opportunity to buy a half or whole (if you have a big freezer and family) I can highly recommend it. The taste is wonderful, quality meat, couldn’t be more local (no air miles) and very economical. Our half was £40, (a whole would have cost £70) and will keep us going for ages…

If your in the area, contact the very friendly and helpful Jenny Hallam tel 07890 889830 Cold Harbour Farm, New Mills, High Peak.

Today’s illustration, Lamb © 2008 Lois Blackburn www.loisblackburn.co.uk

2 comments:

fredblog said...

which half did you get - front or back? ;)

if you'd got a full one you could have walked it home... [and me a vegetarian!]

Lois Blackburn said...

its in the style of a Damien Hurst, you get the side ways cut, all neatly cut up... I love my meat, but don't quite have the butchering skills!